Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
The Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree prepares students to work as a pharmacist anywhere in the United States. As a pharmacist, you will be the most accessible health care provider for your patients. You’ll offer support, counseling and knowledge that will assist them in making daily decisions about their health and wellness. Integrate your love of science and patient care, and let OSU’s College of Pharmacy prepare you for one of the most in-demand professions today.
Learn more about:
- Doctor of Pharmacy Prerequisites
- Doctor of Pharmacy Curriculum
- Doctor of Pharmacy Frequently Asked Questions
- Doctor of Pharmacy Tuition and Fee Information
- Student Performance Data
- Admissions Workshops
- Online Admissions Workshop
Our program is built on a 100-year tradition of preparing future pharmacists. Part of that preparation means making sure our program meets society’s changing needs. You’ll find distinguished faculty committed to preparing you to be one of tomorrow’s top pharmacists. Our faculty members not only maintain active practices and employ state-of-the-art teaching, but most also conduct cutting-edge research to discover new drugs or create other innovations.
On the way to completing your degree, you will:
- Spend two years on the Corvallis campus taking courses that will serve as your foundation in the pharmaceutical sciences
- Broaden and apply your skills in pharmacy practice at our Portland campus, housed at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)
- Spend your final year implementing all that you’ve learned through hands-on experience at various pharmacy locations throughout the Northwest or even the world
- Gain all the tools needed to become a licensed pharmacist anywhere in the nation
To read more about the success of our students - including performance on NAPLEX exams, graduation rates, and more - visit Student Peformance Data.
The College of Pharmacy will also help you gain the skills needed to pursue health care opportunities outside your traditional duties. Utilizing the skills they learned at OSU and OHSU, our graduates:
- Own private pharmacies and provide support for entire communities
- Manage regional districts for nationwide retailers
- Advise doctors in hospitals on the medication dosages for intensive care patients
- Work at mental health clinics to ensure that patients get the necessary medicines to help them lead healthy lives
- Assist with relief response during hurricanes and other natural disasters.
The most comprehensive and up-to-date information about our pharmacy programs is available here online. To receive an information packet in the mail, e-mail the College of Pharmacy.
All admissions workshops include information on what to look for in a college of pharmacy, how to apply, OSU's application process, preparing personal statements, letters of recommendation, and more!
The College of Pharmacy has created an online video version of our popular admissions workshop! This workshop contains information about applying to the Doctor of Pharmacy program.