PhD Student Resources
Upon graduation we expect that pharmaceutical sciences graduate students will be competent to:
- Expand the knowledge of their discipline(s), having developed:
- Research and scholarship skills.
- An extensive understanding of the knowledge base of the discipline.
- A broad, general understanding of pharmaceutical and health biosciences.
- Communicate research findings to improve the knowledge base in pharmaceutical sciences,
- Give oral presentations in scientific and public forums
- Produce scientific writing for manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Enter the profession of pharmaceutical science, having developed:
- A network of professional peers and role models.
- An understanding of the requirements of academic, industrial, or other workplaces.
- A sense of the culture of pharmaceutical science.
- A deep appreciation for the ethical conduct of research.
- Teach and mentor future pharmaceutical scientists, having experienced:
- A compelling learning environment.
- Opportunities to serve as a teacher and mentor.