This page includes information on the performance and success of OSU Doctor of Pharmacy students, including data on graduation rates, performance on licensure exams, placement in residencies, and service to the people of Oregon.

Graduation Rates

Year 4-Year Graduation Rate Total Graduation Rate
2015-2016  95%  NA
2014-2015  91%  98%
2013-2014  96%  98%

NAPLEX & MPJE Examinations

In order to become licensed as pharmacists, Pharm.D. program graduates must pass one or more licensure examinations. The NAPLEX, or North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination, and the MPJE, or Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination, are required to become licensed as a pharmacist in Oregon.

First Time Passing Rate on NAPLEX
Calendar Year OSU Passing Rate
2015 98%
2014 94%
2013 98%
First Time Passing Rate on MPJE
Calendar Year OSU Passing Rate
2015 91%
2014 96%
2013 90%

Post-Graduation Status:

Many Doctor of Pharmacy program graduates choose to participate in PGY1 residency programs accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. Residents in PGY1 residency programs provide the opportunity to accelerate their growth beyond entry-level professional competence in patient-centered care and pharmacy operational services, and to further the development of leadership skills that can be applied in any position in any practice setting. PGY1 residents acquire the substantial knowledge required for skillful problem solving, refine their problem-solving strategies, strengthen their professional values and attitudes, and advance the growth of their clinical judgment. 

Oregon State University College of Pharmacy residency outcomes for applicants include:

  • Top 10% of all colleges of pharmacy with 32% of our graduating class (n= 85) matched*
  • 87% match rate for students that applied for residency. This is the 3rd highest in the country.*
  • 79% of recent graduates matched with their first-, second-, or third-choice residency programs**

 

Residency program sites for College of Pharmacy graduates (2013-current) are listed below. Click here for a full list of placements since 2013. 

  • Banner University Medical Center Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ)
  • Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH)
  • Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center (Corvallis, OR)
  • Johns Hopkins (Baltimore, MD)
  • Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR)
  • Legacy Health Systems (Portland, OR)
  • Oregon Health & Science University (Portland, OR)
  • Oregon State Hospital (Salem, OR)
  • Oregon State University (Corvallis and Portland, OR)
  • PacificSource Health (Portland, OR)
  • Providence Health System (Oregon & Washington Locations)
  • Salem Hospital (Salem, OR)

 

  • Salud Medical Center (Salem, OR)
  • SelectHealth/Intermountain (Salt Lake City, UT)
  • Sky Lakes Medical Center (Klamath Falls, OR)
  • PeaceHealth SW Washington Medical Center (Vancouver, WA)
  • Tacoma General (Tacoma, WA)
  • Univ of Florida Shands Hospital (Gainesville, FL)
  • Univ of Pittsburg Medical Center (Pittsburg, PA)
  • U of Wisconsin Hospital (Madison, WI)
  • UC Davis (Davis, CA)
  • UC San Diego (San Diego, CA)
  • UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
  • Veterans Affairs (Multiple locations across several states)
  • Wake Forest (Winston-Salem, NC)
  • Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital (Yakima, WA)

Oregon State University Doctor of Pharmacy graduates who seek employment after graduation are highly successful in obtaining employment or pursuing postgraduate training. Over 86% of our graduates that are seeking employment or we are in contact with are employed or engaged in postgraduate training during their first year of graduation. The remaining 14% we have been able to reach and determine their status.

  

*2015 data
** Based on 2015 and 2016 OSU graduates with residency placement